Saturday, November 28, 2009

Vampires, Food, and Football


During the weekend of the 13-15 of November, I went down to Salt Lake for Time Out for Women. It was a wonderful weekend. I was able to spend time with almost all of the women on the Gorringe side of my family. Mom, Aunts, Cousins, Cousin-in-Laws; the whole she-bang. We had such a good time with so many different speakers. I committed while I was there that I wanted to share the message that we gathered. We had speakers such as Wendy Watson Neilson, Sheri Dew, Mary Ellen Edmunds, Hilary Weeks, S. Micheal Wilcox, Emily Watts, and Kris Belcher. It was a spiritually high weekend! On my return drive on Sunday I decided I need to stop and check my tires and use the restroom, the first place I came across was a small town exit of Virgina, Idaho. I pulled off the road and the first and what looked like only building was a church building. An LDS church building. ;) I pulled in the parking lot. Check my tires real quick and then went inside, hoping I wouldn't come across anyone who would think I was a suspicious character. When I walked in that small building I heard Primary children singing songs. A man teaching what sounded like a Sunday School lesson. At that moment, I was so thankful for the Church's that we have all over the world.
Thoughts From TOFW
  • When a Righteous Woman says, "There is something not quite right here, there is something very wrong." -Wendy Watson Neilson of her abduction
  • The Liberty Jail, a horrible memory, a horrible place of darkness in Church History was filled with light and made into a prison temple with all of the Revelations that were received there by the Prophet Joseph Smith. In the most miserable experiences of our lives, they can become moments of light and knowledge to us.
  • Live by the words: Not Even Once.
  • 2 Nephi 25:26
  • Society is made up of families, and when families collapse, so do societies, and when societies collapse so do countries.
  • Sometimes we act like we're going to stay here, but we aren't, we can't and we won't. -Elder Holland
  • Three Things that the Adversary tries to get us with: 1. Confused about who we are. 2. Keep us from understanding what the Savior did for us and what he will do for us. 3. Keep us from receiving personal revelation. Things we need to keep in mind. 1. We have always been a child of God. Not just now. We're here and were on assignment. The lord wouldn't send us here at this time if we couldn't handle it. Abraham 3:22-23. 2. He didn't just make it possible for us to repent, he made it possible to heal us. 3. Our degree of purify is a prerequisite to feeling the spirit and having it's guidance in our lives. "Receiving Revelation" Richard G. Scott 2009 General Conference.
  • It will not always be easy to stand for truth and righteousness, but we will not forgive ourselves if we don't do it.
  • Our Life-Assurance Policy is the Great Plan of Happification.
  • The scriptures are the handbook for Life Assurance.
  • Sweet Assurance- The certainty that comes when you know life's truths.
  • At night I turn all of my problems unto God. He is going to be up all night anyways.
  • Sweet Assurance is knowing that God is truly with us.
  • Sometimes it's the trial of our life who make us who we have to be; who the Lord needs us to be.
  • We do all that we can to get the fruit, we water the seed, we feed the seed, we shelter it from storms, but there is something that we cannot control and that is the sun. The son blesses the seed and helps it grow in a way that nothing else can.
  • Heavenly Father won't give us anything we can't handle by ourselves.
I know if you know me you're asking "What is that poster doing on her Blog?" One very easy answer. When I came home for Thanksgiving Break my family, my friend Brandan, and I all went to this movie. I'm not going to waste time and space by venting my Twilight thoughts and feelings, but let me just say this. I enjoyed this movie a lot better then the first one (at least up until the point when Edward came back on the screen), I did laugh a lot, but this movie did make me at least want to finish reading the series. I can also tell you that I am most definitely Team Jacob -in the movies at least-.
This is a picture that my brother and I took at Fred Meyer's after we had watched the movie. Love it! He's the best and I miss him already even though my flight leaves in like 15 hours.
This was our Thanksgiving Feast! It was delicious! We had a family in our ward, The Roberts, come and eat with us. It was so much fun to have them all and then we played the game Ticket to Ride. I definitely recommend it!

These are the Elders that are serving in our Ward, the one next to my dad, Elder Gerun is going home on the 30th of November. They are good friends with my family and have helped them a lot with the additions that we are doing on our house. After dinner and the game we went to the movie, The Blind Side and it was a very moving awesome movie! I was so moved and want to someday have that effect in someones life. I'm am so thankful for the opportunity I had to come home for the Thanksgiving season to spend it with my family. There would have been nothing better or more worthwhile for me to do. Hoping that all of your warmest wishes come true...

2 comments:

  1. . . . . And I hope that all of your warmest wishes come true as well!

    Tomorrow is the day!

    I can't wait to hear how things go! Do not forget to text me, as soon as any move is made!

    I love your pictures, keep up dating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you took notes at Time Out. We had such a great time and loved hanging out with you, Love you!!

    ReplyDelete